Bring It Home: Color-Coordinated Books - Home Design with Kevin Sharkey

photo

il_570xN.365629193
If you have been on my blog before, you know I am an avid reader. What I may not have mentioned is that the book archive in my office is arranged by color (pictured above: my hard work!). I find it to be an enchanting presentation. If you need to cheat a little by adding more books in your collection, I just stumbled across this brilliant little store on Etsy: Decades of Vintage.

Based in New Jersey, the shop groups vintage books in bulk according to color -- something you could certainly do yourself, but also a great idea for rounding out a collection visually. For your own shelf at home, mix in a decorative accent in the same color scheme to magnify the effect, such as a vase or a frame.

This post on Apartment Therapy also made me laugh. Where do you stand in the great color-coordinating debate?

Bring It Home: Color-Coordinated Books - Home Design with Kevin Sharkey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Info Trend Copyright © 2011-2012 | Powered by Blogger