Sneakers Gone Stylish - Home Design with Kevin Sharkey

New-Balance-574-Olive-Green-Grey-21

Has anyone else noticed that women (and men) all over LA and New York are running around in platform sneakers inspired by the Isabel Marant style? Sneakers are so stylish now, they're no longer reserved for errands on the weekends. So why don't you ever catch me in them, you ask?

I'm strangely self-conscious about my feet in sneakers -- I think they make them look gigantic. I'll go out on a limb with my olive green New Balances but that's about as adventurous as I get. So here are some of my favorites; I'll never wear them, but maybe I can live vicariously through you.

G56007_01

Take the Adidas Gazelle. I saw them featured in a magazine the other day and love the look, but they remind me so much of my childhood.

jimmy-choo_belgravia_grey-flannel-shearling-lined-sneakers_www-mrporter-com_

I always like high-tops like these Jimmy Choos, but I feel that I'm already too tall and skinny and I think they just elongate me. Something I just don't need.

common_projects_sneakers

Of all the popular styles, I am easing into the dark sneaker. These Common Projects sneakers are so comfortable, and classy enough that I could walk into a nice store and not feel like I'm improperly dressed.

How do you feel about style-conscious sneakers for grown-ups?

Sneakers Gone Stylish - Home Design with Kevin Sharkey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Info Trend Copyright © 2011-2012 | Powered by Blogger