On the Radio: BryanBoy - Home Design with Kevin Sharkey

Photo courtesy of BryanBoy

Photo courtesy of BryanBoy

BryanBoy (real name Bryan Grey-Yambao) is a world-renowed fashion blogger and style icon. Some consider him the original fashion blogger. We chatted about what he'll be wearing this fall and what inspired the look of his new apartment.

You relocated to New York more permanently this summer. What was your approach in decorating your new space?

I really wanted it to be completely the opposite of me. I love wearing prints, I love wearing color, I love texture, but I just wanted something that feels comfortable and minimal and almost bland. I’m obsessed with beige and off-white and eggshells; the only colors are touches of green and gold.

photo[6]

Fashion week is right around the corner. What can we expect to see you wearing?

A lot of prints and shorts and monochromatic looks. I got some leather shorts earlier this week. Now, that I turned 30 earlier this year, it’s kind of time to tone it down.

Who is your dream interview subject?

Steven Meisel. He’s such a recluse, he doesn’t really go to any events, but I’d love to pick his brain. He’s an incredible photographer and he’s really inspiring.

Is it even more tempting because he's not out and about?

Yes! It’s always like that! In this life, you always want what you cannot have, what you cannot get.

For the longest time...I started my blog in the Philippines, I grew up there, I lived there, and I spent all my life dreaming. Who knew? A lot of things are possible, a lot of my dreams have already come true. You can really make it happen in this day and age.

What city or destination always reboots your creativity?

I really love going to desolate places. I just got back from a trip to Utah and Nevada. Me and my best friend, she lives in L.A., we both flew to Salt Lake City and from there we just spent nine days driving to California. We stopped by all the deserts and the Salt Flats in Utah. it’s really inspiring to go to places where there are no traces of civilization. No paved roads, no water bottles, no human beings. It’s just like…wow, for the first time in my life I felt like I was really part of a bigger world out there.

On the Radio: BryanBoy - Home Design with Kevin Sharkey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Info Trend Copyright © 2011-2012 | Powered by Blogger